Between Saale, Weißer Elster and Unstrut there is much to discover: Castles and palaces, untouched nature or lively city life.
Relaxing among adder, kingfisher and co.
Discover the flora and fauna of the Mühltal valley
The flora and fauna of the Mühltal is diverse. The natural stream valley of the Raudabach is embedded in an idyllic coniferous and mixed forest. In the side valleys species-rich ferns, mosses and lichens can be discovered. Among others, the rare ostrich fern can be found along the Rauda.
Also in the animal kingdom the most different species can be observed. For example, the water shrew lives in the Rauda and the damselfly can be found in certain areas.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Tip: Don't forget binoculars
- Rainbow trout
- minnows and sticklebacks
- The rare dipper breeds throughout the stream valley.
- Mountain wagtail, pied wagtail, willow tit, marsh tit, garden and wood creeper, wren, great spotted woodpecker, green and gray woodpecker, black and lesser spotted woodpeckerand many other species.
- adder, grass snake, rare smooth snake, fence lizard, wood lizard
- grass frog, tree frog, small water frog, common toad, pond, mountain and great crested newt
- mainly wild boar, fallow deer, roe deer, fox, badger, pine marten, stoat, weasel and various species of mice
- Schiller butterfly, tree white butterfly and kingfisher