The Roberts Mill
Pioneer of summer resort
On July 7, 1266, Albert Landgrave of Thuringia donated a mill on the Rauda River to the Eisenberg nunnery.
Shortly before the turn of the year 1890, the mill as well as the associated residential house burned down. The misfortune continued the next year, as the remaining part of the mill still standing went up in flames. At the turn of the 20th century, Robertsmühle was the first mill to cease milling operations and instead became a boarding house and summer resort.
Some time later - in 1953 - the Robertsmühle was handed over to the FDJ-Kreisleitung Eisenberg. Later, the Free German Trade Union Federation - FDGB for short - took over this building and set it up as a company holiday home for the Volkseigener Betrieb - VEB for short - "Gravo-Druck" Halle. The restaurant was no longer used by the public.
In the mid to late 1970s, the appearance of the house was greatly changed by reconstruction. Since 1999, the mill has been privately owned again. The city of Eisenberg took over the property in 2004 through a long-term leasehold agreement. Until the end of 2019, the Robertsmühle was managed by the association "Ländliche Kerne" e.V. in Nickelsdorf. The association opened the mill miniature park in May 2007.
Since 2020, the tenant of the Robertsmühle has been the Petzold family, which operates a café.