The Schössers Mill

Between tradition and modernity

[#if schema_image??]
    [#if schema_image?is_hash]
        [#if schema_image.alt??]
            ${schema_image.alt}
        [/#if]
    [/#if]
[/#if]

The Schössersmühle is somewhat hidden at the edge of the forest, away from the road in the Eisenberger Mühltal. It is one of the smaller mills in the Mühltal. The mill already existed before 1285, the year in which Margrave Frederick of Meissen, also known as "Frederick the Bitten," donated the mill to the Eisenberg monastery. It was owned by the monastery until beyond 1530.

Around the middle of the 17th century, the Amtsschösser (tax collector in the ducal service) Peter Paul Freiesleben (1591 - 1662) acquired the mill. While the other mills turned to gastronomy and excursion business at the beginning of the 20th century, the Schössersmühle remained in operation. The mill was closed down by the owners of the time only in 1953 and agriculture was abandoned. In 1954, the lignite plant "Einheit" Bitterfeld took over the mill and established it as a children's holiday camp and forest café. In the following year the restaurant business began, the management was taken over by the director of the vacation camp. In 1972, a wholesale company from Weißenfels took over the Schössersmühle as a company holiday home and built seven bungalows for a children's holiday camp on the site above the mill.

At the beginning of the 1990s, the vacation camp was abandoned. The Schössersmühle had many owners in the years that followed. In 2018, the mill was core renovated and rebuilt. A pension and guest operation does not take place at present.

Verkehr

Parken

Information for Guests

Bath Facilitys

Information of the Museum

Information of Architecture

In the mountain

Treatments and indications

Mobility Offers

Sauna facilitys

Ensemble

Offers and service

Area

Congress facilitys

Distances